Yes, coconut oil is a thing. And a pretty useful thing at that. Besides that fact that it smells and tastes amazing in its unrefined form, It is also
HereMCT consumption may have a beneficial impact on weight management". see here.
So, we've established that coconut oil may be good to ingest, but did you ever imagine the following:
1. Coconut oil can be used to help with your oral hygiene. You may have heard of the trend called 'Oil Pulling' which is basically swishing some coconut oil around in your mouth to help remove toxins (whatever those are) and whiten your teeth. I don't know about the toxins part, but I've noticed a marked whitening of my teeth since I started combining coconut oil with my toothpaste. You can read more on oil pulling here.
2. Coconut oil can be used as a makeup remover. This is true. I can attest to it. It works gently, removes make up completely, and can even remove waterproof mascara. All you have to do it put a little bit of coconut on on a cloth or cotton ball and gently wipe.
3. Coconut oil can help heal cuts and relieve itching from rashes. Again, I've had personal experience with this. I used coconut oil on my 2 month old's cradle cap and nappy rash to help relieve the redness, itchiness. In a little under a week, she was clear of cradle cap, her hair began to grow, and the nappy rash cleared up.
4. Coconut oil can be used as a personal lubricant. Coconut oil is not recommended for use with a condom, as it could weaken and compromise it. Barring that issue, coconut oil is a perfectly safe oil to use as a personal lubricant sinc eit is completely natural, contains no parabens, petroleum, or chemicals of any sort.
5. Coconut oil can be used as a body scrub. Trader Joe's actually sells scrubs like these for a lot of money. But why buy them when you can make them yourself at home? All you have to do is combine 1/4 cup sugar with 1/2 cup coconut oil (optional additions: 1tsp citrus zest and/or 1tsp citrus essential oil) and voila, you have an all-in-one body scrub, exfoliant, face wash, and moisturizer you skin will thank you for! You could also give these out as gifts because they look and smell amazing!
So there you have it folks, the amazing coconut oil!
If you found this post useful, kindly share it with the buttons below!